Bailey Banks & Biddle
1218 Chestnut St. / 1217 Sansom St.
Constructed in 1903, the 10-story Bailey Building and 8-story Biddle Building were the flagship location of the renowned jewelry firm Bailey, Banks and Biddle. After acquisition in 2004, the historic buildings were vacated. Seeing the changing office market and high demand from TAMI/STEM tenants in the Philadelphia area, the decision was made to rehabilitate the building into creative commercial loft space. Renovation concepts included installations of new elevators, electrical and tele/data services with cable trays for communications and energy efficient HVAC systems with exposed duct work. Key architectural features such as exposed brick, wood floors, skylights and barrel-vaulted terracotta ceilings were restored to their original state. The property occupies .41 acre with 110,000 square feet of rentable office space and 13,700 square feet of ground floor retail space. The buildings are located in the Philadelphia City Center Commercial Historic District.
For more information, click on the link below:
Bailey Building Website